Curtarra invited one of our customers,Mia, to share her experience in custom curtain at Curtarra.com
"It is quite hot in the summer of America, so I planed to buy new blackout or room darkening curtains for my bedroom and kitchen. However,how to measure curtain is too complicated and then I found a online tool or curtain size calculator called Measurement Tool at Curtarra, a custom curtain site:
- Click botton to select the type of curtain style,fullness,one or two panels,and finished length and input measurement data in inch about size of the rod and the length from the ground, and it is easy to get the final length, width of the curtain that we want through Measurement Finder.
- It is easy to understand and operate.
Now let me show you how to measure curtain on Measurement Tool with the most simple window curtain measuring guide.
Before this，we should identify which type of curtain style we like according to Measurement Tool
- Gromment Top: The ring has a metal ring, which can slide easily along the pole, and is suitable for curtains that are opened and closed every day.
- Rod Pocket: The pocket is designed to fit closely on the curtain rod, and it is more suitable to be pulled open as a decorative side plate.
- Pinch pleat -double: Pair it with traditional or high-grade decor. Adjustable height and fixed to curtain ring.
I click the gromment top button and then the page will move to step one.
make sure whether you have a drapery rod or pole installed already.
Click different buttons will give you different way of measurement based on rod or windows.I choose the rod way.
Specific window way could take this as reference
By the way, Usually our rods are outside Mount.Outside Mount means that curtains will be hung above and around the window.
It make your window appear larger when the curtain are closed, and also make window look bigger when the curtain are open. If space permits, hanging 8 inches above window.
The length of rod
measuring the length of rod as the picture above shown.
The height from bottom tip of rod to floor
measure the height from bottom tip of rod to floor and then type in the number in inches unit.
Single or split panels.
- Split or two panels create symmetry. If you have large windows, consider split panels.
- One or single panel is suitable for sliding doors and Windows.
choose fullness based on what kind of finished look you would like for your drapes.
2x fullness,1x fullness and 0 fullness . All the fullness is based on specific standard and you do not need to measure the width of curtain and just trust the measurement finder at curtarra.
- 1/2 above the floor:The curtains "float" above the floor. It creates a "breathable" floating appearance. This is the best option if you want to straighten the curtains
- On floor:The curtain barely touched the floor.
- 2" PUDDLE：It extends one to three inches to the floor. It adds comfort to the space. It's the best choice for those looking for European style and a romantic feeling.
Here you will get the finally result of the width and length of custom curtain！
This online curtain measuring tool is he most convenient tool I have ever seen. It has saved me a lot of time, so I would like to share it with those who want to buy new curtains or custom curtains. Eventually, having a look at my Curtarra Victoria Luxury Velvet Custom Curtains."